Saturday, 27 December 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Sale (& Tom Ford)

I can't believe I haven't spoken about Charlotte Tilbury Makeup.  I actually spent (nearly) an entire day with the Tilbury Team and Ruth Crilly (A Model Recommends) (and Ruth's mum) a bit earlier in 2014- I'll have to post a few things on that... I thought I would share a few items from my Charlotte Tilbury Collection in case it helps any of you who are looking to purchase discounted Charlotte Tilbury makeup in the sale (yes they are on sale- links below).
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat, The Retoucher and K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick.

The Retoucher (link) Normally £25 now £22.50
It looks like YSL Touche Eclate, (the cult product) BUT it is so much more.  It is a concealer AND highlighter.  Not only does this hide bags under your eyes, it can also be used round the nose, on your cupids bow, cheek bones as a highlighter AND as a concealer on blemishes.  It's handbag friendly and thankfully the lid has been foolproof so far (I hate it when products open in your bag and then collect all the lint from the bottom of your bag).  It also has beautiful rose gold packaging.  It's a winner for me, and one to add to your basket.

Lipstick in Coachella Coral (link) Normally £23 Now £20.70
This is really a spring and summer colour, but I thought I would include the lipsticks in this post as I have been really impressed by the formulation.  I haven't tried the matte ones (yet) but I loved seeing this beauty in my bag.  It's part of the ingenue look, which is overall neutral and natural.
Charlotte Tilbury Coachella Coral Lipstick.


Lip Cheat in Pink Venus (link) Normally £16 Now £14.40
Charlotte Tilbury is all about glamour, so pencils and sticks are a must.  I don't reach for lip pencils on a daily basis as I never wear them with lipgloss or balm.  However when I want a polished look then defining the lip is a must.  Lip liners help prevent your lipstick bleeding onto your face (bleeding/feathering lipstick can make you look a bit drunk).  I also use them to to create a base all over the lip, to help my lipstick stay on longer.  Matching your lip liner to the lipstick colour can be tricky, so sometimes I just treat myself and let the sales assistants/ makeup artists match it to the lipstick I am purchasing.  (I did a post a couple of years ago all about lip liners link)

I can't find my eye shadow quads to photograph, but the shadows are soft and pigmented.  I don't think there is a dud in the pack.  I've also used the skincare and have to say that Charlotte's magic cream lives up to it's name.  Normally a small fortune, but similarly reduced (link).

It's also worth noting that the Tom Ford lipsticks are also reduced.  These are pricey normally, and still an investment in the sale, BUT £33 or £26 instead of nearly £40 is a big difference!  Everyone I chat to says TF lipsticks are THE ones to have, and I have been impressed with them- however the price is a sticking point.  That's what sales are for ;)

Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury or Tom Ford products?  Have you found any good sales?

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just wanted to say that I really like your blog, and it provides a great mix of make up with atouch of geek! I am new to blogging but I hope I can build my blog to be as great as yours! Cody x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Codegeekgirl! I love blogging. It is a lot of fun- I hope you really enjoy it :)x

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...