Monday, 2 July 2012

L'occitane Cream Mains Miel (Honey Hand Cream)

In my last post I said I needed to share with you my favourite hand cream.  L'occitane Cream Mains Miel or Honey Hand cream.  I'm not brave enough to say it is my all time favourite, but I am really liking it!
L'occitane Honey hand cream with a cute bear on the tube!

When I first heard about L'Occitane it was through the endless magazine promos.  I have to admit I just thought it was 'another' product.  But since I have become a beauty writer and blogger I have found out a lot more about products, what they contain, how they are made, fair manufacture and ethical companies.  I try to champion them on this blog.
Hand cream.  Medium thickness but sinks in well.  No greasy residue!

Why do I like this product?
  • The tube is handbag friendly, recycleable and has a cute bear on the front.
  • Contains 20% shea butter (the stuff that is in a lot of body butters).  It nourishes and softens your skin, helping seal moisture in.  Very important for hands which are repeatedly subjected to washing and drying, or harsh weather conditions.
  • L'Occitane are a company which try to use organic products and protect the earth.  They try to ensure a fair wage goes to the original producers.  They are also working hard to protect out bee population, who are struggling and in danger of dying out.  It is reportedly due to use of harsh farming chemicals confusing the bees and scrabbling their senses.  They then loose their way and die from exhaustion while trying to find the hive.
  • Specifically this product smells good enough to eat.  AMAZING!  It smells of yummy sweet honey but without bee-ing (sorry- bad pun!) sickly or overpowering.  A little goes a long way.  My hands love it and everyone I have given some too has either bought it or loved their gift.
Paper bags (environmentally friendly|) and sealed with a beautiful stamp :)
When I wear it I find myself sniffing my hands and feeling really warm and comforted.  I purchased mine from their stand alone shop in Cardiff Hayes Arcade, where the lovely shop assistant was very helpful AND looked amazing in Mac Russian Red lipstick (which I will pull of one day when I have the confidence!!)

Creme Mains Miel cost £8 for 30ml online link but it is worth checking out UK QVC (link) who have L'Occitane products too!

Do you use L'Occitane?  What do you think of their hand creams?  How you do keep your hands soft?

Disclaimer: Purchased by me- just in case you missed that whole sentence earlier in the article!

10 comments:

  1. I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fragrance Free Hand Cream. I can't use anything with fragrances or even essential oils (more ways to cause a potential reaction plus it has a fragrance!) in it. I call this lotion a a filler in a bottle as I swear it plumps up my hands in a flattering way, even though I don't really need it.

    My grandma really loves this lotion too, so I think I'm going to pick up a tube for her. She's in a rehab home because she broke her femur near her hip! Her hands are always so dry from having to use a walker, so this might perk her up a little.

    I haven't used L'Occitane. Is there anything in the line that doesn't have a fragrance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie- I am a big fan of Neutrogena products. I think L'occitane do some none fragranced products. I will check next time I am in a store. Sad news about your Grandma. I hope she feels better soon and her hands arent so sore :( xx

      Delete
    2. She's been there for a month, and she's doing okay. She hates the hospital food like a plague, so I'm always making her food, which I don't mind doing. She loves my cooking. I've made her Italian herbed chicken, lemon pepper marinaded chicken, stir fry, strawberry shortcake cupcakes (from scratch, which between my dad and her, they scarfed half of them)....she's VERY SPOILED. No one is more spoiled than my grandma. We keep saying she's going to need another bulletin board to attach more cards because she has a ton of cards and they keep on coming!

      Delete
  2. Great tips specially to those want a perfect and beautiful inside and outside looks. But one way to maintain healthy skin is to avoid tanning salons. Indoor tanning salons claim that their method of tanning, by artificial sun, is safer than natural tanning because they mainly use UVA rays and limit the exposure with timers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello- yes tanning beds are bad. I have never used one and will never use one! My skin is naturally that colour! x

      Delete
  3. I've been in the L'Occitane store quite a few times, but I don't go near the honey scented things, as I know I'll end up buying them all. It's one of the companies that I adore though, and I might just be paying a visit to them soon, just for this hand cream. Hopefully.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria do check it out. It is affordable but sooo lovely xx

      Delete
  4. This is definitely going on my wishlist...I LOVE anything honey scented..I wore L'Occitane's honey water fragrance for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I havent treid that and now I want to! We have swapped wishlists!! xx

      Delete
  5. It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. Thanks for the share.
    honey onyx

    ReplyDelete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...