Sunday, 1 July 2012

Birthday, Nars, necklaces, Italy.

Now I am back blogging I have lots to share!  In the busy time I was away I had a birthday.  Birthday's have never been a big celebration for me or my family.  We just seem to keep things small and simple.  This normally goes for presents too.  This year they weren't sure what to get me so I ended up treating myself to two lovely necklaces from Dorothy Perkins.  They were on the Ribbon and Asher stand but I'm not sure if they were by them!

I love Etsy and local fairs for individual handmade items, but sometimes a little cheap neckalce is a good pick-me-up!  These caught my eye down to the natural gift envelopes- plus I likes the words on them.  I guess I was sucked in initially by the packaging but when I saw the necklaces I knew I had to have one.  I couldn't decided and ended up getting two using their buy one get one half price deal!  £6.50 each = 2 for £9.75.  I full expect them to turn green in a couple of years and fall apart but I'll remake something out of the good bits then!

Jade for fortune, health, luck and success.  Well I haven't won the lottery yet so maybe I should sue whoever wrote that?!  The stone is milky jade and subtle enough to complement any outfit without overpowering the wearer.


Make a wish?  I haven't worn this yet but it is small, simple and elegant.  Enough to wear to work with shirts and business wear- or with a simple t-shirt and jeans.  Certainly one I'll take traveling this summer- which is ON!  I'm off to Italy on my own this summer.  I posted a while back about having a goal of traveling abroad on my own at some point and, well, I did it.  I made it a goal and I've made it happen.  I'm not lying, I am a bit nervous but I am planning the major things and researching it so I'll stay in safe areas and visit a few things but will leave smaller itinerary things to chance!

I haven't found these necklaces online but there was another which I restrained myself from buying but they haven it online at Dorothy Perkins (Link!).  Certainly a lovely gift for those of you leaving school, college or uni friends behind.  Plus turquoise brightens every day but looks great with a summer maxi-dress while you sip cocktails on the beach... *sigh*...

In other news:
Speaking of luck and success etc..finally back at my computer! I counted and verified entrants and the Nars blusher winner is Number 13 @beautylovenotes Laura!   Well done to you!  If you didn't win this time, don't worry!  I have lots more giveaways coming up including jewellery, make-up, skincare, vouchers- you name it!

MAC!  I went to photograph my palettes for you and realised that I have some shadows to depot so once I have done that I will give you an overview of my palettes unless you'd prefer individual posts on the colours??

L'Occitane.  I need to share with you my favorite hand cream!

Do you have these necklaces? Cute or a No?  Any travel advice?  What would you like to be successful at or lucky enough to win?
Disclaimer: Bought win my own money :)  Although it would have been nice if someone gave me a holiday!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the star necklace! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! It's cute! Worth a look! xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I was just reading about your lovely necklaces and saw my name! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop! Well done you- will send you an email :) xx

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...